THE SUCCESS STORY OF THE NATIONAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP
AND INNOVATION PROGRAMME (NEIP) IN ASHANTI REGION
FROM YES TO NEIP 2017-2019
The NPP government took over YES and relaunch it with a new outlook on the 13th July, 2017 to be known as the National Entrepreneurship and Innovation Programme (NEIP) with five (5) clear key mandates:
- To provide Technical Support and Business Advisory Services for Start-ups, Micro and Small businesses.
- To Provide training, Incubation and Mentorship for early stage businesses
- To Provide Access to funding
- To provide access to Market and Market linkages
- To provide policy direction to strengthen the entrepreneurship ecosystem of Ghana.
Under the programme so far, 45,000 (7,000 in Window 1 and 12,000 in window 2 and 26,000 in Window 3) businesses have received Training and incubation services in the following areas:
- Business Management
- Financial management and Basic Booking skills
- Sales , Marketing and Branding
- Business Plan writing
- Organizational Management
- Corporate Governance etc.
All these Businesses have been provided with a digital Access to an online marketing platform (neipmarketplace.com and Ghanaonlinemall) to enable them showcase their goods and services globally. Out of the 45,000 Businesses given training and technical Support, the Break down below gives an overview of Funding support within the last three (3) years :
- WINDOW 1 (2017-2018) – Funded 1,350 Businesses
- WINDOW 2 (2018/2019) - Funded 3,000 Businesses
- WINDOW 3 (2020) - Funding 5,000 Businesses
ASHANTI REGION SPECIFICS:
Total Number of Businesses trained in Ashanti region within the last 3 years is 7,679 with a total number of 1,149 Businesses Supported so far in the Ashanti Region of Ghana with funding ranging from GHs10,000 to GHs100,000.
OTHER MODULES UNDER NEIP:
- 10,000 students trained under the Studlnt Entrepreneurship Initiative
- 850 women entrepreneurs with disability supported with training & seed capital under the Presidential Empowerment for Women Entrepreneurs with disability.(PEWD).
- 30 Innovative Entrepreneurs supported under the Presidential Pitch.
- Neip Greenhouse State completed and functional.
- National Entrepreneurship Policy developed.
- The Entrepreneurship Ecosystem strenthened with NEIP as The Enabler of the ecosystem.
The NEIP Greenhouse Project is designed to grow vegetables in a controlled environment .
- We inherited completed 6 double domes from the previous Administration (NDC) which is 12 completed single domes.
- We have currently completed all 75 single and double domes in the Greater Accra and are currently functioning.
- We have also fully completed the pave internal roads and the drainage systems in the green house.
- We have built a robust automated water system to supply water to all the domes.
- We have been in vegetable production for almost all the greenhouse units in 2019.
- We have built a 32 bed Hostel with conference and training facilities.
- We are currently supplying, Shoprite, farmers Market, Eden Tree etc.
- We have decentralized Our Greenhouse Estate Project with additional 100 domes with Ashanti Region benefitting from 60. 20 Greenhouses in Akomadan, 20 in KNUST and 20 in Ejisu precisely at Essienepong